This is a great opportunity for a motivated and ambitious events professional to further develop their career.
TechEx Events, part of the dynamic publishing and events business Encore Media Group, is recruiting for an Event Operations Executive. In this role you will be responsible for assisting with all event logistics and ensuring exhibitors receive first class support for the TechEx event series.
TechEx is a large-scale international enterprise technology event series exploring IoT, Blockchain, AI & Big Data, Cyber Security & Cloud, Edge computing and 5G. Our high-quality conferences and exhibitions are held worldwide both physically and virtually with the goal to enable key networking opportunities and deliver value to attendees and sponsors.
The Event Operations Executive will report in to the Portfolio Director to help coordinate and deliver all physical and virtual events.
As an Event Operations Executive you will be a confident communicator who can remain calm under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Working within a small, vibrant team of dedicated professionals, this is a challenging yet rewarding role.
- Organising staff travel and accommodation
- On-site event support and delivery, from set-up to event open days
- Collating exhibitor information – researching and liaising with suppliers to create an overall event manual for all exhibitors & sponsors
- Client account management – answering exhibitor questions and ensuring they have all the information they need
- Client introductions – working with exhibitors to ensure they meet with their key audience
- Floorplan management
- Supplier relations – researching new suppliers along with creating and maintaining relationships with current suppliers
- Updating and organisation of spreadsheets
- Overall team support and assisting other departments as and when required
Qualifications / Experience
- Someone with an event-related degree or previous experience
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Someone who can remain calm under pressure and manage many tasks simultaneously
- Friendly but professional manner when dealing with clients or suppliers
- Ability to jump in the deep end, take initiative and not be afraid to ask questions
- Has a keen interest to start or continue their career in the events industry
- Willing to travel to events (UK and abroad) and work longer hours before/during events
- Strong administrative skills and competent on Microsoft Office
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Encore Media Group is a Bristol-based, market-leading publishing company, event organiser and digital services provider, with three leading media brands: TechEx, TechForge & DMWF. As we undertake an exciting phase of growth and move to a large new city-centre office, we are looking to hire ambitious, and enthusiastic sales professionals across all three business lines.
We are looking to hire ambitious, and enthusiastic professionals across our business.