This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Event Operations Manager to become part Bristol Venues, which include some iconic and historic sites.
As Events Operations Manager, your focus will be on ensuring the successful running of all weddings, banquets, meetings and events hosted at Clifton Observatory and our other venues when required. Assisting the Sales & Events Manager, you will help to oversee a small team of casual team members for larger events. This is a hands-on, operational role suited to a meetings and events professional with similar experience working within a high-end venue. The ability to forge long lasting relationships with our clients to ensure our high record of repeat guests is retained is key.
- Conduct site tours of the venue to promote the facilities to clients
- Liaise with clients directly to organise events
- Managing the Team – organising staff rotas, building team moral and training staff in all aspects of the business and customer service
- Responsible for the management of all events, with out of hours work on weekends and evenings necessary
- Prepare event management schedules and ensure all relevant departments and third parties are briefed on event requirements.
- Creating Reports – creating monthly financial reports on event bookings, rate and revenue
- Ensure that the event spaces are set-up with a hands-on approach to any physical tasks, adhering to Health and Safety regulations.
- Work with a positive problem-solving attitude and working calmly under pressure.
- Ensuring clients requirements are meet to a high standard and first-class service provided.
- Supervise and co-coordinating event support staff during events, set ups and breakdowns.
- Manage the events from start to finish, with a hands on approach to any tasks required such as bar assistance
- Venue upkeep – Keeping the venue looking and working perfectly.
- Marketing – Thinking of new ideas to market the venue, from new event types to new social media campaigns. Also, liaising with the marketing team and working with them to help create original content for our website’s blog, social media pages and printed media
- Experience of working in a fast-moving events environment
- Experience in a client facing role and are passionate about customer service
- Naturally organised and able to multi task in a busy role
- Bar and hospitality experience
- Experience in managing events and venues ideal
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Programs
- Exceptional stakeholder relationship management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekend
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Discounted gym membership
- Office weekly socials
how to apply
Please submit a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Business Development – International Events Application’