About TechForge Media
TechForge is a market-leading publishing company, event organiser, and digital services provider, focusing specifically on the enterprise application of technology.
We welcome thousands of subscribers and readers to our eight dedicated news sites each week, while our content reaches in excess of 7 million technology professionals directly through social channels. Our virtual events, physical events and online executive roundtables and webinars are attended by forward-thinking CxOs who are developing and implementing technology strategies for their organisations.
TechForge Media is looking for an experienced Marketing Executive to help grow our series of technology events. The Marketing Executive will report directly to the Head of Marketing and will be responsible for taking on a variety of tasks, that allow for the successful completion of the planned marketing activities.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to put their stamp on a growing event series in a fast-moving company, with a passion for new technology.
The role will include opportunities for international travel and full training will be provided.
- Create and manage appropriate campaigns and content to market events for a variety of channels.
- Social media planning, management, and content creation, including scheduling on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Organise and manage email campaigns using Mailchimp (or similar)
- Create compelling graphics using Photoshop / Adobe Suite
- Collaborate with media partners to create innovative ways to gain exposure for our events.
- Communicate with target audiences, partners and vendors to build brand awareness.
- Assist in the project build with our app provider.
- Data handling for our events.
- Creating press releases.
- Updating websites on WordPress including writing creative copy and producing creative assets.
- Monitoring and tracking marketing activities and spend using Google Analytics, Google AdWords and developing ways to improve those campaigns.
- Building backlinks.
- Responding to attendee enquiries.
Marketing Executive qualifications and skills
- 2+ years’ experience working in a similar marketing role.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Photoshop trained or equivalent
- GDPR knowledge.
- Comfortable using social channels including social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite.
- Strong attention to detail
- A basic understanding of content management systems (i.e. WordPress) plus SEO skills would be helpful
- Background in events (preferred)
- Competitive starting salary
- Career development opportunities in a growing business
- A fun and lively work culture, with regular social events
- Chance to work in a spacious and brand-new office.
- 50% company discount card to be used in group venues; cafes, bars etc
how to apply
Please submit a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Business Development – International Events Application’