TechEx are looking for an experienced Head of Marketing for maternity cover for 9 months.
We are seeking a commercially-minded marketing all-rounder, to take ownership of strategy and delivery across an existing portfolio of three large international trade shows in London, Amsterdam and San Francisco. The events are long-running and well respected and will benefit from a hands-on management style with a strong understanding of digital marketing to drive attendance. The role will initially involve line management of a team of 3 with further expansion over time.
Digital Marketing, Event Marketing and Marketing strategy for events
- Implementing the overall marketing strategy for TechEx including plans for how to exponentially grow audiences across all shows
- Delivery of the marketing plan for each event featuring: direct mail, email, advertising, partnerships, social media, SEO, PPC, and PR.
- Management of the TechEx marketing team
- Experience of budget allocation, tracking and reporting
- Management of all planned activity to budget and agreed schedules.
- Creating audience acquisition campaigns and monitoring progress against plans
- Monitoring response rates on key activities to maximise future results and response rates
- Work on campaign creative and branding with our in-house designer
- Providing input for reports for management including lead monitoring, google analytics and campaign success
- Developing and enhancing visitor and exhibitor databases
- Production, delivery and reporting of email campaigns, featuring a mix of formats and styles
- Working with external agency/consultant on paid PPC and social campaigns.
- Maximising website optimisation and google rankings
- Ensuring effective use of social media channels including: Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and exploration of future channels suitable for the events and news sites.
- Producing and executing a content marketing schedule
- Partnership research, outreach, acquisition and renewals across media and associations
- Arranging and brokering partnership deals for events.
- Delivery of partnership activities pre-event, onsite and post-event.
- Development of relationships with key stakeholders
- Copy writing and refreshing event websites.
- Ensuring websites are optimised to generate registrations and leads.
- Ensuring websites are kept fully up to date with all new content, partners and conference agendas.
PR & media outreach:
- Management and delivery of PR campaign working with external agencies
- Writing press releases / media advisories.
- Building a media and press database and attracting media attendance at the events.
Registration and Event Platforms:
- To provide the brief for the platform requirements for each event and to liaise with the platform providers on an ongoing basis.
- To provide content for all emails, and confirmations and event access links.
- To work with the platform provider to maximise registrations via their services such as social media integration, pre-pops, and auto badgi
The role would suit an ambitious and driven marketer with 3-5+ years relevant work experience. Ideally someone with an interest in technology. Most importantly they must be a motivated, enthusiastic person who can manage a team and their own workload to great outcomes. They will sit on the TechEx management team and will need to be comfortable directly feeding ideas into strategy discussions.
- Competitive salary
- International travel
- Career development opportunities in a growing business
- A fun and lively work culture, with regular social events
- Chance to work in a spacious and brand-new office, with renovation scheduled for completion by end of Q1 2023 (featuring members club and 3 bars!)
- 50% company discount card to be used in group venues; cafes, bars etc
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
TechEx Events Ltd is an established international enterprise technology event business with a portfolio of large-scale events exploring IoT, Blockchain, AI & Big Data, Cyber Security & Cloud, Edge Computing and 5G. Our high-quality conferences and exhibitions are held worldwide in London, Amsterdam and Silicon Valley, each attracting thousands of attendees and hundreds of exhibitors.
how to apply
Interested in working for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Head of Marketing Maternity Vacancy’ and attach your CV. Strictly no recruiters please.
We are looking to hire ambitious, and enthusiastic professionals across our business.