We have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic Business Development Professional to take on an influential role as part of a fast-moving, Bristol-based events team.
The position will be working on a marketing & technology event series called DMWF (Digital Marketing World Forum), focusing on digital marketing, running shows in London, Amsterdam, New York and Singapore – virtual, hybrid and in-person events.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to account manage and lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to develop new business for a fast-growing international marketing and tech conference.
This candidate will be focused and have strong sales and communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
You will be involved in all aspects of the sales strategy and working closely with the Portfolio Director, marketing and conference teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to put their stamp on a growing event conference business. It’s a fun team, with-in an entrepreneurial fast-moving company with a passion for new tech.
DMWF events focus on digital marketing for senior leaders, running conference and exhibitions in the UK, Europe, Middle East, North America (East and West Coast) and Asia, with virtual, hybrid and in-person offerings.
MarketingTech provides news, analysis and opinion around digital marketing for CMOs, marketing managers and digital strategists. Established in 2011 with over 360,000 annual readers, ranked #2 by Feedspot in 2019 and in 2020 launched editorial driven conferences and webinars.
- Drive exhibition & sponsorship sales across a portfolio of exhibitions, conferences and publishing titles.
- Face-to-face at events, and building events via a consultative sales approach building relationships.
- Account management with existing clientele and maintain rebook growth YoY
- Work within a team environment, build good on-going relationships with clients to deliver on their event objectives.
- Matching client requirements with event packages – exhibition, sponsorship, branding, and the like.
- Being part of a growing team feeding in new ideas, and growing new events.
Prefered Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 4 years’ prior industry-related business development experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies.
- Focused and goal-oriented.
- Previous experience or equivalent in events and conference environment is desirable but not essential.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Encore Media Group is a Bristol-based, market-leading publishing company, event organiser and digital services provider, with three leading media brands: TechEx, TechForge & DMWF. As we undertake an exciting phase of growth and move to a large new city-centre office, we are looking to hire ambitious, and enthusiastic sales professionals across all three business lines.